Trash Service Regulations
The following regulations for residential areas have been established.
1. Collection of solid waste in the residential areas will be on Monday and Tuesday of each week except the the holiday collection which will be posted as information is made available. The city is divided into areas as follows:
- Monday Collection: North of Oak Street (commonly called Main Street)
- Tuesday Collection: South of Oak Street (commonly called Main Street)
2. On the collection day in your area, please place your trash containers in an easily accessible place near your house no later than 7:00 a.m.
3. Four trash cans or eight bags per week will be collected. 2 bulky items curbside will be collected per week, including furniture, mattresses, small appliance or televisions. Call 816-277-8572 about large appliance pickup at no cost (oil, gas or freon must be removed).
4. Tree limbs, brush and yard waste will not be accepted. No carpet or remodeling materials will be accepted in the regular pick up.
5. Please seal needles or other medical strips in a hard plastic jug with a lid. Seal with tape prior to disposal.
6. Redgate Disposal has contracted with the City of Lathrop to pick up all residential solid waste material. Their phone number is (816) 277-8572 or 816-716-6265 (mobile).
Curbside Recycling is now available to all City of Lathrop residents with trash service.
1. Call Redgate Disposal at 816-277-8572 to receive a free recycling tote.
2. Curbside collection will be on Thursdays of each week. Recycling will move to Friday in the event of a holiday.
3. Please break down and flatten boxes.
4. Please rinse all containers (plastic or metal).
5. No liquids or food.
6. No flower pots or automotive plastics
7. Clean, dry cardboard/paper will be accepted. No shredded paper.
8. No glass will be allowed in curbside recycling containers. Glass may be recycled at the recycling bins located behind the fire station.